2023 Pass Around Box Mega Thread

Maybe also some standard filler recommendations so folks who take stuff but don't have much to add know how to pack the box....

John

Despite some frustration with junk and poor packing, I enjoyed the two times I’ve participated.

Have to say I lucked out with timing though. I’m a relative newcomer to the hobby and don’t have a lifetime hoard to choose from. But for some perfectly timed auction lots, I would have been scrambling for quality donations. I’m sure others have been in the same boat.

If we’re going to make changes, maybe some kind of “pass” rule would help. We sign up so far in advance that it’s hard to predict when health, travel or a hugely successful garage sale might affect someone’s ability to participate 100%. I like the standard filler idea too, but other than 10mm sockets, I’m at a loss to think of something small we all go thru regularly. Common expendables tend to be bulkier.

With or without changes, it’s a fun and philanthropic way to promote the hobby. It’s just as gratifying to see my donations appreciated by someone else as it is to score something I could really use.

Thanks to all for doing this.

All good suggestions.

I will post my haul this weekend and then we can take the next steps for next round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back