1236 Operational Questions

outsider347

Active User
Registered
Just Powered up my new 1236 and a have a couple dumb a$$ questions that I hate to bother Matt with

The indicator lamp remains on all the time????
I know that the main breaker is in back inside the control box....is this the only way to "power down" the machine other than pulling the plug??

Foot Brake.
I guess that I was under the impression that when the foot brake was depressed that the spindle stopped dead ???

Edit: Just looked at the schematic...answered my own questions

please, a 1236 what?

I am not familiar with that particular PM lathe, but none of the lathes I've worked with above a 7 or 8" have an on/off switch. That is why I have a switch on the 240v outlets for my 935 and 1340. :)

I'm still waiting for my PM1236 to come across the big pond but I have the owners manual to keep me pacified...
I never noticed until you brought it up but you are correct!
Dang, now I need to wire in a switch. I don't want to leave it powered up all the time. (and maybe a locking switch to make sure I'm the only kid that gets to play with my toys...

Your E-Stop Should Kill power to the Lathe. Your foot brake should stop the spindle immediately.

E stop will kill power to the spindle but the power light will stay on.
You can see all of this in the schematic in the manual

I wonder why they wouldn't have a real on and off power switch like most other home devices.
??
Oh well, it is what it is.

Back