1889 stevens favorite

thanks for the compiment ron still havent forgot that shoot well joke

put some homade target mount on it and a 6x 20 scope ready to kill paper52.jpg62.jpg

52.jpg 62.jpg

It's a gun again! From the first picture one would never believe you could get it to look/function that well.

Great job,

-Ron

well went back to the range and shot some hornady 17 mach 2 ammo was better then the elley in this longer barrel was a 50 meter target17mach2.jpg

17mach2.jpg

The proof is in the pudding!

Nice job Norm.

Tom

I like to see the Stevens projects..Would been nice to have some better pictures of the finished rifle...

like that extractor better than the type used in my 1915..If not careful I can load a round missing the lip on the extractor- effectively loading the round under the extractor.

my 1894 stevens had that prob also the extractor hole and bolt were quite sloppy can cause the extractor to set a little lower or it has worn real bad on the end from firing pin wacking on it. i had to weld up the end near the case and reshape with a drimmel tool. the 1889 has side extractor i made a new one and bent it to the inside so it would reach the 22 case . lot easyer to cut the barrel on the 1894 with the center extractor. my orig chamber in the 1894 was so worn that it was probly the biggest reason the case go over the extractor. the 1894 was worn compleetly worn out and the 1889 was a hopeless peice of scrap.

Back