1930 16" x8' Hendey Lathe

Looks like a well loved machine Greg. Jmho, but $2500 would seem like a reasonable price point for one in that condition. Motor looks a little on the light side, but I can't read the tag. Mike

Someone took care of their machines. I could see someone asking $3000 and getting $2000.
Martin

Don't know what to offer Glenn, but it sure is a thing of beauty. Not a great photo but looks like it has a taper attachment. Like the depth gauge on the tail stock quill. The motor might be a repulsive /inductive, the little lever probably moved the starting brushes for reverse. Appears to cut a huge range of threads, the photo cuts off the right of the chart.
If you have room it looks like it would be an impressive machine.

Greg

That's a beauty Glenn. I'd also suspect a $2k to $3k value. I'd offer more if I was a rich man because money doesn't mean as much as fine old machines do.
I'm about 3 hours south of you. If the timing works out and I'm not working I might be able to drive up and give a hand.
When a man owns a machine like that, it's good to consider where it goes after we're done. I've seen too many fine old machines go to scrap back when steel scrap prices were high.
I am trying to cultivate a love of old machines in my children... I think it is working.

Good comments. mike, let me know if you decide to drive up and Looksee.

Iam really Put Off by the appraisal guy running the sale. No pre inspection. Show up at 7pm and put your name on a list. He decides if you get to go in and look. No idea of asking price. No equipment inventory - they show lathes and vintage canal back drill press in themphotos, but don't mention them in the advert. Just throw money on the table and take their word about condition.:guilty: This is no way to sell machining equipment! Hope the guy is reading this!

However, if the old timer really took care of his equipment, beyond painting it. Might be a really good sale to attend! I guess -stuff your pockets with moolah and show up. Still undecided whether to get caught up in the sales pitch...

Glenn

Back