3-1 shoptask

Bustedknuckle

Registered
Registered
Looking for info on the shoptask 1720XM TC. I'm trying to find out any info on the 1720 gold series. If any one can tell me what normally came standard with this machine, threading gears tool post etc. Also have looked every where on the net and having a hard time finding op manual. Their site doesn't give much out on the older units. I'd like any pros or cons on these 3-1 machines if anyone has had experience with one. And last but not least, how much are they worth, I may have found one in pretty good condition. Thanks for any help.............Harry

Have you tried to call "JT" the owner? He answers every email, and will answer the phone quite often. I've found him to be very open and helpful w/ my Patriot unit.

Thanks CG

I should add that I also bought my machine used from another owner and JT was still very generous with his time helping me get up and running.
I just bought one of these last Saturday. My quill has a little play and I would like to get new bearings. Who is this JT and how do you get hold of him?

Thanks,

Jim

JT is the owner and founder of Shoptask, and sells under the ShopMasterUSA brand @ www.shopmasterUSA.com He's really a nice fellow and a straight shooter. Very respected by his customers on CNCZone and by myself.
CONTACT US

• SHOPMASTER
  • 7839 N [COLOR=#009900 !important]TORREY PINES[/COLOR] DR
    [COLOR=#009900 !important]LAS VEGAS[/COLOR], NV 89131
  • Tel 800 343 5775
  • Email shoptask@shoptask.com

I just bought one of these last Saturday. My quill has a little play and I would like to get new bearings. Who is this JT and how do you get hold of him?

Thanks,

Jim

I own a Shoptask 1720 XMTC Gold Series. I bought it new back in 1998. I believe it cost $1500 then. I think you can find used ones of that vintage for $700 to $800. I believe it came with the following:

4 tool turret style tool post
3 jaw chuck and chuck key
face plate
20 gears for threading and carriage drive
Jacobs drill chuck with key
3 centers
1 tail stock center extension
a few hss cutting tools

I have been very happy with this machine. Yes, it is a compromise, but it fit my budget and space. Like others have said, it is much more accurate than I am.

I have always been impressed with JT's service as well. I actually met him once after he moved operations from Tacoma to Las Vegas. I was in town and visited his shop to pick up some accessories. He really isn't set up to do face to face retail, but he took the time to show me around. I think they still operate out of Las Vegas.

Good luck with your search for a machine.

Here's my 1999 17-20 XMTC after full restoration. Hated that school bus yellow.

Jim

DSC00587.JPG DSC00588.JPG DSC00589.JPG

did you make that riser for the rotary table? i actually have one of these full cnc.

Hello everyone. I own a ShopTask 2000 but need assistance getting whipped into shape. It is the same make and model as the red one posted by 66arboc above. The lathe is not cutting as it should - a sample of what I am getting is posted below as is my machine as it sits in my garage. I bought the machine used when I returned from Iraq in 2010 and have replaced the bearings, keep it lubed etc. If I can get the lathe and mill both cutting well, then I plan to add a DRO and CNC the machine.

Attachments

• PIC 1.jpg
    PIC 1.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 63
  • PIC 2.jpg
    PIC 2.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 68
  • PIC 3.jpg
    PIC 3.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 67
Back