3 pt stump grinder first impressions .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
First thing I learned . The slip clutch unit is VERY HEAVY . It landed on my left hand while installing it onto the tractor pto . Of course , not wearing gloves , luckily the driveway slowed the unit down from its' gravitational forces . :rolleyes: But , it is mounted and ready to go . Going out to set up the slip clutch for my pto horsepower now . My HP is rated at only 16 so I'm on the very bottom end of whats recommended . I do not want to have to replace any weak points on the tractor .

This came from Woodland Mills out of Canada . The unit arrived in 4 days . Great ! The shipping package was also Great ! I'm using the welded steel cage for a firewood holder up in woods of New York .

Installation instructions were very easy to read as was assembly .( other than dropping the shaft onto my land and smashing my little finger ) . Had an issue with the threaded taper pin which connected the 2 shafts together . The threaded portion was so out of concentricity with the taper that it had to be persuaded into place with the help of " tiny " . " Tiny " is a ten pound maul . Luckily the pin never has to be removed .

More in a bit , and pics to come also . As I'm well aware , we all love pics ! :encourage:

It did leave and impression on your finger! :laughing:
LMAO , yes it did . I saw stars when it happened . I have a large bump on the back , and large bruise on the front . :cussing:

So 16HP, big grinder, DOC, and the SCFM may be down a little? :grin:

How much back rake do you grind on those teeth? :p

How much back rake do you grind on those teeth? :p
Mikey has all the answers to that question . Took a whole 10 minutes to dig out my stumps , it's definately a digger . Had the tractor rocking pretty violently after going for the clutch but hitting the go button . So in general , this thing is a fine piece of equipment , and I'm keeping my hand cooled down with my favorite beverage of course . Pics to follow , have to head down to the dungeon . :)

AAAHHHH, the daytime life...... :grin:

Back