5 Minute Jet Project

Micke S

Active User
Registered
Enlarging a Mikuni carb jet in the EMCO lathe. The drill is 1,00 mm (about Mikuni jet #135). This is just a check to find the jet-region for the vehicle.

20150804_095225.jpg

Why not just buy (I know, bad word for machinist types) an assortment of jets? should be plenty avail on Ebay

Just for ya ya's id like to know what ya Putin the carb on.. what size is the carb CFM and CI of engine

Love those carbs .. had em my dirtr's for years. dropem in the mud pikem up they would still start/ run... Anways
used to have a " one kick" sporty that's right one kick .. carb was dialed in went to hyd lifters still PIA , points and supercoil had 1-1/2 drags on it too ran like a fire cracker....

It is just a 40 years old 4 gear 66 CC Zundapp engine (stock 50 cc). The carb is a Mikuni VM20 (20 mm to the cylinder flange).

It is a quick renovation of an ugly duckling a bought a few weeks ago since it was running at least. I came out quite nice though, and the value has increased by a factor of 4, to about $4 k. I'll keep it for my small collection.

DSC04117.JPG
211081882_83fc9652-8431-4bf8-b768-3dca59d3758f.jpg

" Nice Job" lloks very cklean chome paint tires an all .. nice find/ Job ... at first I thought it was Italian scooter than to did a lil search German made very nice . You cleaned it up recently?... nice work what other goodies ya have in your collection ?
Ohh so howd the carb jetting work out ?

It is just a 40 years old 4 gear 66 CC Zundapp engine (stock 50 cc). The carb is a Mikuni VM20 (20 mm to the cylinder flange).

It is a quick renovation of an ugly duckling a bought a few weeks ago since it was running at least. I came out quite nice though, and the value has increased by a factor of 4, to about $4 k. I'll keep it for my small collection.

View attachment 108635
View attachment 108636
NICE!

Thank you guys.

The end of the rear frame looked quite bad so I sanded it and sprayed it with a 2-component paint. The result is almost astonishing. I didn't know before that this type of paint is so good compared to conventional 1-component base and 1 component clear coating. The 2-k paint is super glossy as is and need no layer of clear coat. It is also resistance to fuel and can be used on fuel tanks.

The last surfacing was done with a 1000 grit paper.

Before
DSC04215.JPG

After
DSC04222.JPG

Thank you guys.

The end of the rear frame looked quite bad so I sanded it and sprayed it with a 2-component paint. The result is almost astonishing. I didn't know before that this type of paint is so good compared to conventional 1-component base and 1 component clear coating. The 2-k paint is super glossy as is and need no layer of clear coat. It is also resistance to fuel and can be used on fuel tanks.

The last surfacing was done with a 1000 grit paper.

Before
View attachment 110583

After
View attachment 110584
Just wondering what you did to prep the surface?

Larry ----- My wife asks that question all the time, "Why srend all that time making it when you can buy it. I have three answers for that, #1, Why Not, #2 because I can and the coupe de grasse, Why pay 50 cents for one when I ban make one for $50.00.

"Billy G"

Back