A Little Help.

Hope things go well for you both, nowadays the docs have open heart surgery procedures down to a fine art, so the risks are not as great as they used to be, I had open heart surgery done in November 2014 where my surgeon replaced my aortic root arch and also the aortic valve. In surgery for about 6 hours and then released after 6 days, had a slight complication about a week later and re-admitted for another shorter surgery and spent another 4 days in. Since then my life is almost back as it was before the surgery now, with the only noticeable problem being that my concentration and short term memory is not as good as it used to be, (possibly due to minor brain damage during the surgery) but life is still better now than the alternative would have been.

You will most likely have to take time off work to assist her for about 2-4 weeks but all going well she will be able to start to do most things for herself then, after that lifting, cleaning and that sort of thing taking longer, up to 12-16 weeks. Sneezing will be quite painful and I had to carry a folded towel wherever I went, which was to press against my chest for about 4-6 weeks in case I need to sneeze. (helps to prevent the wires from breaking). You will probably feel quite stressed during this period worrying about her, but it will get better especially if you get support from friends and family during this period.

All the best.

Ed.

During my morning prayers today after praying for some people I know who are having a rough time, I felt the need to pray for someone else but didn't know who. Now I know. Prayers sent and will continue.

Ron

Wish you both the best. Been through a couple heart operations in my lifetime. If ya need anything I'm just 2 towns away.

Hello Bill :)

Both you and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers. I can only imagine what the both of you are going through, waiting for the surgery. The whole thing must be scary, but, as others have said, the advancements in surgery have made it much safer and with less recovery time.

Brian :)

Monday my wife will have open heart surgery. She has had 3 attacks in the last 18 months. I won't be around much but I sure could use a little help with this one.

"Billy G"
prayers for her !

Best wishes to you both. The stress leading up to these types of surgeries is often difficult so take care of your self as well Bill.

Darrell

Praying for successful surgery, recovery and peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will be in my thoughts, wishing only the best.

I'm home for supper. My sons are here, two of the anyway. The Hospital is letting me stay with her tonight. I can't ever remember feeling this helpless. Tomorrow will be a looooong day for sure. Thank-you all again for the support. It is greatly appreciated.

"Billy G"

Back