A Useful Tip For Noobies And Oldies.

When working on a part with tiny springy things that can fly, I turn on some really bright lights in the garage and throw a thin white bed sheet over my head and worktable so when the spring does fly, it lands on my work table, eye protection on of course!

I remove the very strong magnets from computer hard drives. These find dropped parts and tools easily. Just be careful- they are very powerful and can be hard to remove from some surfaces.

Good tip, now I don't have to work in my bath tub LOL.
mike

Great idea! I must say, this situation is one of the few advantages of having a big belly. Although I will admit the apron method is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been considering and planning for a few years to build a fabric drawer that has a round cutout to pull out around me for this same purpose. The Velcro and apron trick is MUCH easier. I'll try it first. Thank you for sharing and have a merry Christmas!

I use a large clear plastic bag when disassembling small parts. I haven't lost any yet, Good tip though.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
On the useful tip subject ... here's one I used to get my girlfriend to clean my shop for me .

Not long after I got my surface grinder I somehow managed to misplace my single point wheel dresser .
After an hour of searching and being a bit disgusted with the fruitless search I went back in the house to fortify my spirits with a cold glass of iced tea .
My gal , always one to spot my bad mood asked what had me being a grumpy Gus .

Instantly a light bulb switched on inside my head and I couldn't resist this rather mean reply .
Poptart ... I bought a half carrot diamond last week to have a ring made for you and I simply can't find it anywhere .
And then gave a rather uhmm... deceiving description of the little white box it resided in .

She had her shoes on and was out the door so fast I had to put a friction fire out on my kitchen floor .

45 minutes later a rather dirty and disheveled devil came stomping back in the house holding my single point diamond dresser with the .. I'm not happy look in her eyes. Most of us know so well.

The black eye was mostly worth the clean shop

For the material, I use a coffee bean sack. I found one with a nice print on it. And it smells good too!

Back