Another Lathe Safety Reminder Video ...

What a foolish thing to do, trying to free up some stuck tooling or something, too lazy to reach over and shut off the power. That's just plain asking for it.
Good grief Charlie Brown!
Mark S.

The issue is that we tend to get comfortable over time with our machines. Then with out thinking about safety and focused on the task at hand, or in a rush, we do something in a split second that we should not have done. We have all done it. Sometimes it leads to making an error on the part we are working on or breaking our machines and tools. And then there is the ultimate price, the breaking of ourselves. Unfortunately there is no second chance or do-over. We all can not be reminded enough. Thank you Peter.

I am constantly amazed and reminded of the power of these machines.........that was not pleasant to watch......

Lets keep our comments nice. I feel we don't need to be bashing others out there in the world for their faults. We need to learn from other's mistakes so we don't do the same mistake again in our shops. Ken

Let me rephrase that last message: Workplace pressure to produce parts quickly may have contributed to the accident.
MS

Back