Anybody Else? Poor Service Enco?

BoliverShagnasti

Registered
Registered
I made my first purchase from Enco , because they had these milling clamps that I wanted to try.

I ordered two of the SHORT 0-1-3/4 1/2 STUD RITE HITE HOLD-DOWN CLAMP number 501S.
They mislabeled one the boxes with a completely different size, much smaller and was obviously not the same as the one in the big box.

I sent them a photo of the mistake. Clearly they sent the wrong clamp.

So, they sent me a return label to send back the wrong part.
So, I waited for them to send me the correct item.

They never sent the correct item. Instead they gave me a credit for one of the clamps.

If this was ANY other modern company, they would have sent the part by express overnight.

This was my first order with them and my last. I now have an almost worthless one clamp that really only works in sets of two, which they should know. After all they are the "experts" on machine work and machine accessories.

Have not had to return anything so far... I have placed a few orders in the last week or two...

Why not call them so that they can make it right? Should not judge by just one time experience... mistakes happen.

This is what you were ordering: http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PARTPG=INLMKD&PMPXNO=948266&PMAKA=505-4640

So why not order the second one with the refund that you got?

And here... in case you had not seen it:

No product exclusions. Max free shipping item weight 125 Lbs.

20% off code YOUR20VIP
free shipping SHIPMEVIP
first enter 20% code then enter free shipping code.

Offer expires 09/14/2015

Enjoy
Roy

Like said, I would not judge on just one mistake. I have had wonderful service. And the lightning fast one day shipping (free) that I get every time makes me speechless.

I called them. They only issued a refund. I asked them to just send the item I ordered.

I emailed them also. It must be a company policy to save on shipping costs.

This is the photo I sent to them showing the difference.

The big one (correct one) was in a box with the same label as the small one.

The person grabbing the part, if they had any intelligence would have noticed two distinctly different size boxes for the same item.

DSCN9483.JPG

Last edited:
I've ordered from them a hundred times. Absolutely stellar service. Use the coupon code and order the second one. They are only people.
Dave

If you find an outfit with better prices, faster shipping and a better return policy please advise us, I am sure lots of people here would benefit. If you don't like what you get from Enco, just return it and order another one. They send a UPS truck with call tag to pick up the part you are returning, they pay the freight, all you are out is the inconvenience.

michael

I rarely see a complaint about Enco, I have ordered from them dozens of times without incident. So you can give Enco a 2nd chance or you can go pay a lot more money for the same items elsewhere, a LOT more. That's basically your choice.

I have been dealing with Enco for over 10 years with complete satisfaction. If I have to send a item back I am ask if I want a credit or a replacement. If I want a replacement they will bill my card and credit my card when they get the item back. Enco is a large company and has thousands of customers a day. So it will be understandable that the pickers are having to fill many orders and are moving at a fast pace. When they pick a item and the box is different size/shape with the same # they can only assume that the vendor has made a change and move on to the next order. Vendors/ suppliers will often change packaging size and shape for the the same item without rhyme or reason, we have all seen this at one time or another. I have been in some of these company's warehouses and seen first hand the fast paced activity so I do understand how this can happen.
Until we walk in his/her shoes doing the job, statements about the employees not having any intelligence is not fair.
Tomh

The person grabbing the part, if they had any intelligence would have noticed two distinctly different size boxes for the same item.

You might want to consider the fact that when a few thousand items might pass through your hands during a shift, stuff like this is easy to miss. You might also want to consider that the person packing your order knows nothing about machining. Also companies change packaging all the time now. I had this problem the other day trying to find toothpaste, the company completely changed the size and the color of the packaging.

Back