Anybody watch Mr Pete on Youtube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Mr.Pete's videos.
BTW, anyone else having problems loading u-tube videos today?

Chuck

I had to Laugh! Looked at him cutting a Woodruff Key. Calculated 1/2 key width and added 1/2 the shaft diameter. Said the cutter will have to move down that distance after touching the tape he put on the shaft! What's the tape thickness? Then he starts the machine and touches the tape with the cutter and states he then goes down a few extra thousandths to compensate for the tape! How much is a few??? WHAT is the tape thickness??? Couldn't watch any more!!! I have no idea how he put the shaft in the vise! Typical shop teacher that don't know ****!

Frank

Wow!!!!! Myself and thousands of others have learned & will continue to learn from him. Where's your youtube channel so we can learn from the real master?

He has the best machine shop tips on you tube that I have found. You know he is limited by trying to video
and teach at the same time. I find him a wealth of real knowledge. If we only knew what he has forgot we would
be ahead of the game.

I have to tell you, I have had several shop teachers in my time and they knew their *****. I have a tremendous amount of respect for each one. I think Mr. Pete is doing a great service for those wanting to learn the trade. I think instead of putting him down we should give him a hand. His payment is how much?? Some video sales?? He is doing it because he wants too!

David

Mr Pete may go as Tubalcain on youtube. But, he is not the Tubalcain you link to on wiki.

If you watch the video, he (Mr. Pete) explains. Both men took their name from a character in the Christian Bible, a man who was purportedly the first metalworker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tubal-cain

He is pretty clear he is not the the same Tubalcain that wrote in Model Engineer, and who is more well known.

I have watched most, if not all his videos. All are good, some are great. I especially like is video series on grinding lathe tools, and I always send it to people asking about how to grind.

I don't think he used the name to steal same name recognition from T. D. Walshaw. He mentions the name in early videos. Tubal Cain is from the Bible. I take him at his word that that is why he uses it.

Mr Pete did not steal his name. In one of his videos he talks about where he gets the nickname. Tubalcain is mentioned in the bible in Genesis 4:22 as a "forger of all things iron or bronze". In effect, the oldest iron monger known.

I can't remember if he addresses the other Tubalcain (T. D. Walshaw) in his video, or if it was posted in the comments but I am pretty sure he distinguishes himself from the other gentlemen.

I agree that he is a great teacher. I would not agree that he doesn't know ****. You must put this into perspective, he taught High school shop, where he was lucky enough to get "the kids" (as he always refers to them as) attention for 2 seconds to teach them something. As a beginner myself I find his videos invaluable to inspiring me to jump right in and try this stuff out. He may have to gloss over certain inaccuracies to hold peoples attention.

I also agree, his voice is eerily soothing. He could have gone into radio broadcasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back