Anybody watch Mr Pete on Youtube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
frank, he's not teaching how to build a rocket ship. what he is showing is how he would do it. . . i find it interesting and some of his ways are the same thing i have done for years. . . . .

And he is very much alive, unlike the other Tubalcain.
His YouTube id is mrpete222

My other mentor is KEF791, Keith of Turnwright Machine Works. I cannot refrain from watching every single one of his videos.
His approach is different; he is an active professional who takes the time to film many interesting jobs. I have learned SO MUCH! :tiphat: "jawdrop: :worship:

I've learned a lot by watching him. I think he fielded a question about the two Tubal Cains in one of the videos. There are not many instructors doing these demonstrations and I'm thankful he is putting the time and energy into this, rather than building models that only a few people will ever see.

Mr Pete is a frickin Saint! I'll punch anybody in the face that says otherwise! Just kidding, but seriously, who else takes the time to explain these things on youtube?

I could listen to his videos all day, and my GF even enjoys listening to him talk, it's somehow soothing.

Now that made me laugh :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Love it:man::winner: Etard

This thread has bothered me a tad. I see it like this and ask it as a question.

If there are 10 people in a discussion and 9 are of the same opinion is not the 10th person entitled to his or hers? I believe this is what makes the world rotate.

"Billy G" :thinking:

I especially like is video series on grinding lathe tools, and I always send it to people asking about how to grind.

Please provide that link. I'm not really a u-tube fan, but I'll watch a video now and then.

As for the initial topic - what seems like sloppiness or half-a$$edness (yes I made that word up. I can do that.) may just be decades of experience. My grandfather was a carpenter and by the time he retired he had calibrated eyeballs that could tell you if something on the other side of the room was 1/32 or 3/64 longer than it should be. I'd expect someone who's been machining for so long would also develop a "feel" for things that were done day after day and would instinctively know just how much more to nudge this or feed that without breaking out the laser micrometers.

Yeah, like Joe_M just said- experience teaches the finesse of workshop practices. After doing an operation for decades, he knows exactly how thick that tape was- and how much to compensate for it. Watch closely, and you will too.

If there are 10 people in a discussion and 9 are of the same opinion is not the 10th person entitled to his or hers? I believe this is what makes the world rotate.

Yes again, But I and almost all the others felt they needed to defend Mr.Pete. I think the 10th guy was a bit brash & mean spirited about the whole thing. But I won't hold that against him.

The guy is freely & unselfishly giving his years of experience to anybody who chooses to gain from it, Why would anybody want to bash a man for that? If you don't like his style or think you can do better you should give it a shot but not just badmouth him.

I hope this thread does not end up getting out of hand & locked as there are many people who do not know of him yet and should get the opportunity to.

Being entitled to an opinion is one thing, denigrating and making disparaging remarks is quite another. I hardly see how that can be constructive.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back