Ar 500 Range Targets

F

Firestopper

Forum Guest
Register Today
I cut some 1/2" plate (AR500) for shooting targets. The plate was purchased some time back when a large copper mine shut down production. The material was to be used for bed liners on off highway trucks. The only problem was the predrilled counter sunk hole evenly spaced. I had to avoid the holes as the CNC plasma torch would "dive" if a hole was encounter resulting in a collision. Over all 150 targets where cut (4 sheets) with very good cut quality. The machine was programed and the plasma was set up for 80amps cutting at 40 ipm.

The coyote silhouettes are life size and the customer really liked them. The rest of the targets where IDPA standard sizes. The laser attachment on the cutting torch really made indexing easy for avoiding the existing holes. 20150521_120401.jpg20150523_131855.jpg20150524_120402.jpg20150521_122545_resized.jpg

Nice targets !! Makes me want to shoot some more matches !!

Do you have any more material to cut from? If so, how much would it be for 13 inch round to duplicate the size of the black of the short range target we shoot standing at 200 yards?

Do you have any more material to cut from? If so, how much would it be for 13 inch round to duplicate the size of the black of the short range target we shoot standing at 200 yards?[/QUOTE

Sorry no, the material was provided by the customer, he even took the remnants.

shooting 200 yards standing= impressive .

Sorry no, the material was provided by the customer, he even took the remnants.

Too bad, just yesterday I was looking around my shop for some scrap to replace the electrode in my electrolysis tank.
When I saw your leftovers I was going to suggest that they looked perfect for the job if you had a tank.
-brino

Too bad, just yesterday I was looking around my shop for some scrap to replace the electrode in my electrolysis tank.
When I saw your leftovers I was going to suggest that they looked perfect for the job if you had a tank.
-brino

Hi bino,
you'll have to educate me on that, would you use the remnants for cathodes or something? Yea when he picked up the targets he loaded up the rems as well.

Should make some Pigs, Turkeys, Rams, and Chickens for silhouette shooters. Might be enough there to make a few sets.

Back