ATF letter

Yep, the fed is ok with gatlin guns. Ca, Ma, Il and one or two others would probably treat you to life without parole for being in the same county with one. The same states that would have an issue with a trigger cam crank. Az, Nv, and Tx would probably praise you for being prepared. Also, some cities such as NYC have aggressive anti gun ordinances in addition to the state statutes.

Unless you have a source for a bunch of barrels the best way to go is probably to get liners and gun drill your own barrels to glue them into. Of course old rifle barrels will work if you have a pile of them around. Numrich often has off cut pieces of barrel liner at a discounted price that might suit your needs. Brownells stocks Redman liners, and the guy who makes Redman liners is open to bulk purchases in .22. I talked with him once about using his liners for high power PCP rifles.

I did some review last night. I am going to order these.
http://www.gatlingguns.net/

Seems the thing to be careful about is if the plans are for 22 Short or 22 LR. These are for 22 LR.

I’m only aware of two sets of drawings, RG-G & D&E .
RG-G is long rifle and D&E is short.
I have both sets of drawings and choose the RG-G
Over the past 10 years I’ve seen one D&E that fired
and a dozen RG-G’s.
In my opinion both sets should be used as guides only.
It’s only a hobby

KVT (Ken), Texas would love for all of us, who can legally own a gun, have at least one set up at the front door. Did I say that!

I wanted at one time to design a C02 powered pellet firing Thomson with the pie-pan drum. Never built it
Mark S.

Right now I working on a cannon that fires the balls out of old used Computer mice. (basically rubber coated steel balls) Just have to get the frame made then I can set it up. But a gatling would be cool as well.

Right now I working on a cannon that fires the balls out of old used Computer mice. (basically rubber coated steel balls) Just have to get the frame made then I can set it up. But a gatling would be cool as well.
Can you still find balls for the mice, or do you have a stockpile? Will they last through the charge?

I have an extra set or 2 plans from Doug Schneider if anyone is interested. These were actually scaled from an 1875 colt.

Have a stock pile, when work finally got rid of the old mice, I got the balls out of them. It will mostly be used as Noise maker, but always nice to have other options.

Back