ball turner

jam

Active User
Registered
I have started to make a ball turner and this is what I did cut a pipe IMG_0213.JPGturn it down on the inside to fit the bearings that I had next
got one of my old chisel and turn it down to 11/16 to fit the bearings IMG_0220.JPGIMG_0221.JPG ok next I cut flat bar 6 '' long
the flat bar is 1/2/ x 2 1/2 bar and drilled a hole in itIMG_0218.JPG and put a bushing in it that I drilled to 11/16 IMG_0219.JPGnext
welded the cut pipes in placeIMG_0222.JPG IMG_0223.JPGnext I cut a flat bar to 2/1/2 x 2 1/2 x of a 1/2 bar and drilled a 11/16 hole in it IMG_0224.JPG
and welded my axel in IMG_0225.JPGand this is part 1 of my home made radius turnerIMG_0227.JPG ill do the rest later this week
give me some input
I can take it tell me what I can do to make it better:anyone::think1::allgood::shrugs: I can take a :*****slap:so dish it out now I am :panic::panic:you are :roflmao:
:nono::notthis:I am :watching: this site has the best info on it youall don't know how much that I like to see what in the new post
most of you are very talented at what you do so keep up the good work and post it so I can see what you do one day I may be the one that someone ask 4 HELP
and I hope it can return it

IMG_0213.JPG IMG_0220.JPG IMG_0221.JPG IMG_0218.JPG IMG_0219.JPG IMG_0223.JPG IMG_0222.JPG IMG_0224.JPG IMG_0225.JPG IMG_0227.JPG

So far, so good. Keep the pics coming. I will be on the edge of my seat with anticipation.

Same for me. I have been looking at doing one of these soon and so far yours looks very interesting. Please keep posting.

Jeff

- - - Updated - - -

Same for me. I have been looking at doing one of these soon and so far yours looks very interesting. Please keep posting.

Jeff

ok I got to work at 5 30 am took and I started I cut a 1/2/ x 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 flat and a 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 6 flat bar
cut the 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 6 in 1/2 so I got a 1/2 x 1 1/4 x 6
welded on the 1/2/ x 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 flat at a 90 on the end and welded the
1/2 x 1 1/4 x 6 on top of that and this is what it looks like IMG_0229.JPGIMG_0230.JPGIMG_0232.JPGIMG_0234.JPG

anyone on the fourm that likes to look 4 gold i do some prospecting on my off time this is what i got on my last trip out IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG IMG_0230.JPG IMG_0232.JPG IMG_0234.JPG IMG_0104.JPG

Hey you are just down the road from me. I am up in Boone. If you are ever up this way drop me a line love to meet and have lunch. The gold is very cool have always wanted to try my hand and panning.

Jeff

Hey you are just down the road from me. I am up in Boone. If you are ever up this way drop me a line love to meet and have lunch. The gold is very cool have always wanted to try my hand and panning.

Jeff

I am up that way all the time I do work 4 hampton funeral home and Austin barnes

ok part 3 today put the tool holder on IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0237.JPGIll cut a 2'' x 2 1/2 x 3/8 flat to slide in the holder and add the carbide insertIMG_0238.JPG this is what I am hoping 4 I to look like IMG_0238.JPG o ya ill add set screws to hold the flat bar that has the carbide insert the bar that ill put the insert on ill make it so I can adjust to the center ill set the center and weld in place

IMG_0236.JPG IMG_0237.JPG IMG_0238.JPG IMG_0238.JPG

Looks remarkably like the unit that was in a thread last week. I too am following this post to see how it turn out. My main question/reservation right now is hot to go from the tool post into that big step down and make it tough enough to not chatter and vibrate when under a heavy load. So please keep posting up the pics of the build and when you are done how about some analysis of chatter and vibration and what if anything you would change of you made a ball turner 2.0...

Bob

Looks remarkably like the unit that was in a thread last week. I too am following this post to see how it turn out. My main question/reservation right now is hot to go from the tool post into that big step down and make it tough enough to not chatter and vibrate when under a heavy load. So please keep posting up the pics of the build and when you are done how about some analysis of chatter and vibration and
Bob

this is the 1st tool I have made so the chatter and vibrate when under a heavy load I hope it don't that why I made it so big and close to the tool post

your ? what if anything you would change of you made a ball turner 2.0... I am to green to say this is a new world to me I have not had a lathe only
a year or so.
and I use it one or two time a week why I am trying to make one is I love to try to see if I can.
ill keep doing to I get it . and getting it may
be mod 5.0 .
but I have fun doing it and that what life is about you got to have fun . so that why we are all here is the fun of doing it .
that what keep me going this to me is like mowing grass . I love to do it but the big reward is after you get done you look what you did and you
can say I did it . that is what I love.

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
- Thomas A. Edison.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Back