Bison set tru chuck adjustment

Dinwoodie Cutlery Concepts

Registered
Registered
I have a Bison set tru chuck and anyone that has one must have noticed that the adjustment bolts aren’t 90 degrees perpendicular from each other, normally you would find the high or low spots and adjust the opposing bolts until it’s dialed in ( like doing a 4 jaw ) I got it dialed in but it is a royal pain this way. Any tricks or reason why this is?

It's because the chuck has 3 pinions instead of one. The adjustable chucks that have only 1 pinion will have the adjustment screws 90°. I used to have a 5" Bison 6-jaw Set-Tru that only had one pinion. But both my 6.3" Bison 6-jaw & 3-jaw Set-Tru have 3 pinions. I also used to have a 6.0" Gator 3-jaw Tech-Tru that had only 1 pinion.

Depends on the size & mfg. Yeah it can be annoying at first but it doesn't bother me. I like rather having the 3 pinions even though I only use 1 for tightening but that doesn't matter to me really & isn't a deal breaker.

It's because the chuck has 3 pinions instead of one. The adjustable chucks that have only 1 pinion will have the adjustment screws 90°. I used to have a 5" Bison 6-jaw Set-Tru that only had one pinion. But both my 6.3" Bison 6-jaw & 3-jaw Set-Tru have 3 pinions. I also used to have a 6.0" Gator 3-jaw Tech-Tru that had only 1 pinion.

Depends on the size & mfg. Yeah it can be annoying at first but it doesn't bother me. I like rather having the 3 pinions even though I only use 1 for tightening but that doesn't matter to me really & isn't a deal breaker.
Ahh yes that makes sense my six jaw Buck is a one pinion and that has them at 90 degrees.

Back