bolton hardware machine experience ?

davidh

Active User
Registered
the title pretty much sez it. anyone have anything good or bad to say about the ebay seller ? pm me please I you know anything. im looking at a $2200 drill/mill he is advertising.

thanks very much in advance.

I'm going to watch this thread, too. I have the same question. I know that if you go to their website www.boltonhardware.com the prices and shipping are a little less than ebay. I also know from personal experience that if you call them, someone knowledgeable answers the phone... They are in Southern California and have a showroom, etc. they also seemed like they aim to please, etc. Their machines look similiar to others, if you know what I mean.

Dave

I did alot of looking at their stuff when I was shopping for a mill and a lathe.
Thing I noticed was the price was good but less items were included with the machines and by the time you purchesed the missing items the price was then higher than the price offered by others.

On the other hand I spoke with a guy that bought a 13x40 lathe and had some trouble with it and they were fast to replace the entire unit. So I'd have to say customer service excells.

I have their 14x40. It has been trouble free. I am happy with it.

Bolton is a reputable dealer who has very good to excelent customer service. The Bolton machines are on par with the Precision Mathews and seem to be spec'd for a pretty decent quality of fit and finish. You can get several levels of quality from within the same plant and it appears that Bolton has opted to pay the additional cost to insure that they get good quality stuff. Any warranty issues I have heard about seem to have been resolved quickly and fairly too. I have never seen any negative comments on Boltons quality or service after the sale, so If I was in the market I would consider them as a viable supplier and buy from them with no concerns for service after the sale. Hope this helps.

Bob

Back