Bridgeport 6F power feed lead screw

tfleming

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guys, I ordered what was supposed to be the correct lead screw for my 32" Bridgeport table with factory 6F power feed. The lead screw that arrived does not appear to be correct. Does anyone have a picture of what the lead screw should look like? thanks, Tom

I've got a 32" table with a 6F power feed. I converted it from a standard to a power feed. To the best of my knowledge the lead screw with a power feed is the same as a standard lead screw - just shorter. What do you think is wrong with the lead screw? FYI - when I converted to power feed I used a longer lead screw and had it shortened and put a keyway in it.

Rick

Well, I just talked to H W machine repair about what the correct lead screw should look like. It appears that the guy on ebay sent me the wrong one. The factory 6F power feed has a "stub" end with keyway on it on the right hand side. The guy sent me a regular feed screw. sigh.

You probably bought it from the guy in Ct. I don't put much stock in what he sells as he has 15 different names he goes by on ebay, and 1 way or another they all come back to a guy in Plainville that has plenty of complaints. When I told him I wanted to come see a screw he never got back to me. I have an 8F power feed that I want to mount on my 32" table, and from what I read the lead screws with the stub ends are 36 1/4 long. Here's a link to what you need, maybe you can just turn down the one side. which is what I was going to try.

http://www.icai-online.com/long.-power-feed-screw-32-inch.html

Last edited:
Bristol CT. , ebay ID CORESMIT-184. His grammar/English is lacking as well. Interesting, as he has 100% positive feedback on the eBay ID I purchased from. I contacted him through ebay, and he is supposed to call me tonight. I can certainly turn down my existing one. Thanks for the link. Really irritates me that this crap happens. I don't mind paying for something, but I also expect it to be correct.

Also, this lead screw is for a 36" table. sheesh. 2 errors, 1 item.

Last edited:
Bristol CT. , ebay ID CORESMIT-184. His grammar/English is lacking as well. Interesting, as he has 100% positive feedback on the eBay ID I purchased from. I contacted him through ebay, and he is supposed to call me tonight. I can certainly turn down my existing one. Thanks for the link. Really irritates me that this crap happens. I don't mind paying for something, but I also expect it to be correct.

FYI - I have a 32" lead screw that coud be machined down for a power feed if there is any interest

Rick

FYI - I have a 32" lead screw that coud be machined down for a power feed if there is any interest

Rick
Rick, let me see if the seller agrees to make this right. If not, we can talk about me buying it from you. thanks!

That's him, he also goes by maralice_5 , jesus-cru and a bunch of others. LA Tools in Plainville, Ct is the business, and Allen Babin is the owner. He's always selling machinery on Craigslist. Here's a review of him in PM.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general/anyone-familiar-la-tools-ct-171563/

Back