Bridgeport Resto

If I have enough $$ in my pocket to win the bid on it yes you will have that drive in your hands :) The Super E motor on that head is abut $900.

I was doing a little research on the electronic head and found this. Not much, but it shows the timing drive setup.

TW-GL-head-parts.gif

Thanks @countryguy for sharing that video! btw the machine does have a one shot oil system however the oiler has been removed but all of the plumbing remains and its plastic. I will definitely take that all apart and clean it out and maybe replace it with some nicely bent hardlines ....cause well I like the look of that :)
what are you using for oil? way oil, motor oil or something else?
small world you from westland I am not to far away from where you lived. Wayne and Cherry Hill

@JimDawson if you could post some pics of the timing belt drive that would be awesome! thank you!

Thanks @alloy for posting up the diagram :)

I started the process of de-greasing and cleaning, still needs quite a bit more but definitely steps in the right direction. just from cleaning and not measuring the ways seem to look good and looks like it was well oiled in its life. I am going to pull the table this weekend to clean and inspect.
Ill grab some new pics of the progress

The head with the timing belt setup is at an auction on Saturday. I bought a Kent mill and the motor shaft is completely destroyed and Jim found the head at an auction site. There are a few other things that we are interested in also. We will post our "scores" on here :)

I'm looking to put the head on my Kent mill. It's an electronic head, 3hp with a Baldor Super E motor. I'm going to do my best to get it. Willing to throw some bucks at it, but hopefully won't have too. Jim said I'm up against scrappers and I should easily outbid them for it. We should be able to gt it to Jim's on Saturday and take some pics of it. Hopefully we can power it up also from the big VFD on my CNC mill.

For your lube lines I used 1/8" copper tubing and ferrules I got at an auto parts store to repair the ones on my Bridgeport.

Jim and I just went to preview the auction and he looked inside the head and it has a V belt setup in it.

I'm pretty sure I'll end up owning it. If you want we can post pics of the belt setup.

Jim and I just went to preview the auction and he looked inside the head and it has a V belt setup in it.

I'm pretty sure I'll end up owning it. If you want we can post pics of the belt setup.

If you would please that would be awesome. thank you!

I got the head for $200. Was pretty late when we got out of the auction, so I'll go out to Jim's tomorrow and put some power to it and get you some pics.

I got the head for $200. Was pretty late when we got out of the auction, so I'll go out to Jim's tomorrow and put some power to it and get you some pics.
That will be awesome, thanks!
I pulled the top of the head off yesterday day to take some measurements and see what I am working with to timing belt pulley sizes and locations.

20151024_174822.jpg 20151024_174833.jpg

Still cleaning but its definitely getting there :)
the automatic feed for the spindle may need some work seems to be very tough to engage/disengage and feels a little tough using the handle to drop the quill, maybe its just the old sticky oil but seems to be tougher then should be to move all that.

I also haven't removed the table yet, am I supposed to remove the gib or just loosen it before sliding the table off? I have read it being done both ways?
20151024_174804.jpg 20151024_174810.jpg 20151024_174815.jpg 20151024_174827.jpg

Last edited:
Back