• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

[Deals] Brown & Sharpe .00005" Test Indicator

Bob Korves

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Ooooooh! that one has an extra zero in there to count, a very special indicator indeed. Dunno, though. My tenths indicators drive me crazy enough at times without getting one with twice the accuracy. But, hey, if nothing else, you got bragging rights, bro!

If you tire of chasing the half tenths, I will help you out and take it off your hands for what you have into it, good buddy...
8^)

mikey

Active User
By now, Mike is thinking, "Hmm, maybe telling the guys about my new toy wasn't such a good idea ..."

4gsr

HM Chief Foreman
Staff member
I have two B & S 's that are metric. They read down to .002 um. About 0.000078". Also have one that reads .00005", too. Way too sensitive for the work I do! Also have a old school B & S electronic indicator that reads down to 10 millionths increments! I can almost detect error in Gage blocks with it! Worn one's that is.

mikey

Active User
View attachment 137719
I just received happiness in the mail today!
it functions beautifully well
if you breathe on it, you may just get a reading!
the price was too low to mention :anon:
Mike, my apologies for turning this into a joke thread - that was inappropriate of me. Congratulations on obtaining your new-to-you indicator. You and Ken definitely have bragging rights!

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
no offense taken!

the truth be known, the indicator is tucked safely in my toolbox to be a reminder.
maybe even a symbol, of the quest for accuracy.
is it practical for daily use???
absolutely not.

it's there to remind me that you can split hairs as fine as you wanna split them.
i don't really think it will ever see much action, but if i'm feeling like a lesson in humility,
i'll break it out ;)

Last edited:
Container Above bottom breadcrumb