Building my last shop

Are mt drills worth getting ever? I can maybe get some from someone i know.

Are mt drills worth getting ever?
I like them in a lathe tail stock. You don't have to fool with a chuck and there is no slippage because of the tang. Also you are not going to fit a large drill in a drill chuck.

Also you are not going to fit a large drill in a drill chuck.
Isnt that the truth. I have a small southbend but maybe i will try to pick up some mt2 drills to have. I have regular drills up to an inch.

I like the MT drills, one of the reasons that I am having trouble finding the right Drill press beyond just crazy prices. I want it to have a MT Quill.

MT drills are an awesome must have if you don't have to pay new price for them. Since there's no chuck, they won't slip in the dang chuck. Great for hogging as long as they're not completely chowdered.

I am hoping to find a set of MT2 drills one of these days for my 9x20 tailstock and the few AXA MT2 holders I have...

MT drills are an awesome must have if you don't have to pay new price for them.
Yep. I search E-Bay for lots of them. That way I can get a good per drill price and save on shipping because it comes in one box.

If your lathe has the tang receiver you do not have a big concern on the taper, but my 1228 tail stock was taper only, and I spun a couple of used USA MTs.

Back