Bummed Out Newb On My First Mill Purchase Gone Bad

This could get dangerous!! Don't go alone and definitely not at night. Have read to many stories about how things like this have gone deadly. Be safe.

Ron
I'll be bringing the cops with me for a trouble free refund.

I hope you get your money back and he has an outstanding warrant and gets arrested too boot. :encourage:

3 in 1 machines do a little of everything but nothing particularly well, they are not rigid, have small milling table, very tall tailstock, which is a no no. Can you do good work on them ? Sure, will you love the machine, I suspect you will find its limitations sooner rather than later. That said, if I were to buy one, I would buy a Smithy, they are nice machines, have good support and have been around a long time

michael

If you want to do small work the 3 in 1 machine might suffice but if you want to work on bikes and ATVs, you should get a larger, separate mill and lathe.

I would take the mill that you already bought instead of the refund. show up with the cops, a trailer and a couple of friends.

Also I would advise to change your bank account number now that a slimy criminal has it.

Thanks guys for the input about the 3-in-1.

It's pretty overwhelming for me to commit with all the different options for machines and the fact that I've never even used any of them.
I see all the possibilities on this site and get all hyped up only to get nervous about spending my limited budget on "the wrong thing" or buy someone else's used worn out machine.

Oh the problems of a lowly noob... :)

rdrasher,

Did you ever get the situation sorted? I looked at the same mill and tried to contact, after numerous failed attempts, i gave up. Hopefully you got your money back or the mill!

V/r,

Chayse

Back