Calling All Electronics Geniuses !

brav65

Active User
Registered
OK so I am installing this power switch I bought on eBay with no diagram. Seller does not have one, so I am asking how to wire this up here.

The markings are 1a, 1, 1b and 2a, 2, 2b

I know I will have power in for the switch and light on the switch, then power out. Why so many lugs? Please be very simple with your answer as I will be eating paste and picking my nose while I await an answer.

Thanks

Brooks

Can you post a picture(s)?

Sounds like you may have a double pole, double throw switch. However with out some more info and what you intend to use it for it is a tad difficult.

David

Sounds like you may have a double pole, double throw switch. However with out some more info and what you intend to use it for it is a tad difficult.

David

Agree, however as Boswell suggested... a VOM (volt-ohm meter) would be the way to confirm the way the switch works.

Agree, however as Boswell suggested... a VOM (volt-ohm meter) would be the way to confirm the way the switch works.

Oh for sure. It is just based on the original post I didn't know if the OP had a VOM. Would like to know what is being attempted.

David

Don't know about needing a volt meter to check this but you will just have to use something (even if it's a light powered by a battery and a couple pieces of wire) to verify which contacts close and open as a function of switch position. ;)

Yeah double pole, double throw. Confirm with a meter to avoid electrical fire and DEATH but most likely with the switch flipped one direction 1 and 2 are connected to 1a and 2a, flip the switch the other way and 1 and 2 are connected to 1b and 2b.

Regarding that plastic housing, WARNING 1 million Ohms!!

Back