Chandler Duplex Boring & Facing

CrossSlide

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I just purchase a Chandler Duplex boring and facing head (model D) off EBay. All the machinist websites I've searched have reference to the manual on Scribd.com but Scribd no longer has the manual available.

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the manual?

Thanks!

I have a copy of the catalog/manual that I'll be glad to provide. Let me find it and I'll post it here on this site for members here to download. I'll let you know when I get it loaded. I also have a few N.O.S. parts for these heads too if needed. Ken

Is this a boring head that changes diameter when it is held by a bar?

I believe that Criterion makes a similar product, have never used one but the setup looks difficult at best.

Is this a boring head that changes diameter when it is held by a bar?

I believe that Criterion makes a similar product, have never used one but the setup looks difficult at best.
Yeah, you can grab the knurled ring on top of the boring head by hand or attach a torque arm to it. The operation of the Chandler head is a little bit different from others out there, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to operate. It's not made to take any heavy cuts with it. Never designed to use with carbide insert tooling. Brazed tipped tools ok.

Yeah, you can grab the knurled ring on top of the boring head by hand or attach a torque arm to it. The operation of the Chandler head is a little bit different from others out there, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to operate. It's not made to take any heavy cuts with it. Never designed to use with carbide insert tooling. Brazed tipped tools ok.
Thanks

Thanks Ken! This will also be a nice addition to the Hobby Machinist website for future Chandler owners. Thanks again, Bob

It looks like Ken's pdf was a catalog brochure and not the actual instructions. It did have some instructions but there is obviously a more thorough instruction book out there. If anyone knows where to get a copy please let me know. Again, thanks Ken for your help.
Chandler Instructions.jpg

I would be interested in a copy of it too if one was to surface. Ken

Ok, I contacted leadscrew1 on EBay that currently has a Chandler for sale. Warren was gracious enough to take photos of the instructions for us. He has a lot of tools and machines for sale and said to contact him if you’re looking for something specific. He has 100% positive EBay feedback from 3306 people so you know you can trust his products.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/leadscrew1?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

PDF File Below Photos:

Chandler 1.jpg
Chandler 2.jpg

Attachments

• Chandler Duplex Instructions.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Back