Christmas

B

Bill Gruby

Forum Guest
Register Today
There will be an empty chair at our table on Christmas Day again this year. This will be the second time this has happened. My son Richard deployed to Afghanistan for his fourth tour last June. He is an Army Sgt. Major with a wife and three children. My father had a saying, "I wish I could say, you get used to it Bill, but you don't, you'll never understand what you put your Mother and I through till you have kids of your own." Truer words have never been spoken as I spent two Christmases in Viet Nam.

This request is not just for Richard but for all our young men and women that are in harms way at this or any other time of the year. Sometimes we forget just exactly what is at stake here. They have volunteered their lives to keep freedom alive. It is also for those kids in the service of this country everywhere.

Let us not forget those that wear the Police and Firefighter uniforms either. Their lives are on the line at any given time also. God Bless them.

So if you would, regardless of your faith, please take a few minutes away from the festivities on Christmas Day to say a small prayer for them and also when you see on the street or in a store or eatery, say hello and thank them.

May God Bless them all, each and every one. And may God Bless all of you. Remember also the real reason for Christmas.

Merry Christmas.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx Mr. G (Bill Gruby) For that request. And thank you for your service and your sons. It's so easy to let that slide or not think of it. Todays service men and women are all Volunteers and are what make up a great part of this wonderful country we live in. I truly hope he and all his partners come back to enjoy what we do because of them.
Thanx again Bill
dickr

Many thanks to all the service men and women that serve in our military. May God protect them when they go in harms way! Merry Christmas to everyone at hobby machinist site and many thanks to all whom have answered my nubie questions! And again, happy Ground Hogs day (for those who believe in being a little early - like Wal-Mart)

Back