Code Name : Operation Spanner Wrench- 5c Collet Block

I made a spanner wrench for my collet block set a little differently, sawing it out of a piece of aluminum and installing a hardened pin. An unexpected bonus was that it fit perfectly on the spindle nose of a Barker mill that I am fixing up (to aid in tightening the drawbar).

Bill

spanner wrench.jpg

Nice work on the spanner wrench Doc. I have the same set of collet blocks, minus the wrench also. I have been using a spanner made for a drill chuck, which is a close fit but not quite right. I have looked at some spanner wrenches at various places but they get pretty good money for them. I think I will borrow your idea and make my own and have the satisfaction of doing it myself. Thanks for the inspiration.

I made a spanner wrench for my collet block set a little differently, sawing it out of a piece of aluminum and installing a hardened pin. An unexpected bonus was that it fit perfectly on the spindle nose of a Barker mill that I am fixing up (to aid in tightening the drawbar).
Bill
Very nice work Bill. thanks for sharing!
my first thought was to make a one piece handle.
when i was looking through my materials i found the 2-1/2" 1018 slug and changed my approach
Nice work on the spanner wrench Doc. I have the same set of collet blocks, minus the wrench also. I have been using a spanner made for a drill chuck, which is a close fit but not quite right. I have looked at some spanner wrenches at various places but they get pretty good money for them. I think I will borrow your idea and make my own and have the satisfaction of doing it myself. Thanks for the inspiration.
Hi BillH,
please borrow the idea and improve upon it!
i would love to see your take!
Hey Mike, I just noticed something else about your project........you're using the same version of CAD as I am :chunky:
Ted
Yes sir, Ted i'm still using stoneage-cad 0.5 :grin big:
i find that a pencil/pen and a piece of paper doesn't require an update every time i try to log on, and they don't seem to be affected by hackers.
the thing i like best about stoneage-cad 0.5, is that my work will never be lost because i hit the wrong button :bang head:

I like the instantly accessible "scribble editing" possibilities. It does not need to be pretty unless you are selling someone else on the design or working in a shop with multiple departments. Multiple departments does not include a nagging spouse...

Back