Drill press safety and Forged in Fire TV show..

Good idea, perhaps has teams of mentor and student. Remember Junkyard Wars, not super popular, but I sure liked it. It ran a couple season I think.

The Car and Bike build shows seem to top of list.

The show could give encouragement to people that have metal working equipment. And let people know they can get some equipment to work with like some guys might be thinking of doing blacksmith stuff

Good idea, perhaps has teams of mentor and student. Remember Junkyard Wars, not super popular, but I sure liked it. It ran a couple season I think.

Yeah... Junkyard Wars was fun to watch...
Problem with the show was: The hosts were not 'shop types'... which IMO kinda destroyed the potential for the show.
The competition at the end was the fun part!

Back on 'Forged in Fire'...
My take: The judges are enthusiasts... they figured out a way to enjoy their hobby and make some $$$.
Show is fun to watch... however I agree... watching the very unsafe shop practices makes me cringe.
Most of the time, I can pick out who is gonna be sent home and who is gonna win...
Once in a while they surprise me. OTOH... once in a while, I disagree with the judges... Guess that is the part where 'they' have to add drama to sell the show.

Still, fun to watch.

CamBam Brawl
DesKAM Duals
Maker Wars
Masters of Fusion (360)
Spin Masters
Dimension Warriors
BobCAD Clash
Micro Machine Matchup

Not each as their own series, but as episodes on "Masters of Dimension"

Episode 1: Tool Up or Die
Self proclaimed internet forum tool and die makers are put through a series of challenges to test their abilities and compete for a chance to show off their skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember Junkyard Wars, not super popular, but I sure liked it.

Yep I liked that one too, in both of it's varieties; Scrap-Heap Challenge(British), Junkyard Wars(US). I still have some on VHS.

Problem with the show was: The hosts were not 'shop types'... which IMO kinda destroyed the potential for the show. The competition at the end was the fun part!

I liked the hosts I saw. They seemed to ask the questions that most non-techies would. I thought that brought it "closer to the people" and hoped it would extend its longevity.

My problem with most of the bike and car build shows is that they focus way too much on attitudes and disagreements.
They spend 40 minutes of the hour *****ing, 10 minutes in commercials and only 10 minutes doing anything like actually welding, building, etc.
Apparently, that's what most viewers like.
In my book that makes them "soap operas"......and I don't care to watch that BS.

Forged in Fire, in spite of it's minor faults, still seems to show mostly people working metal.
I guess they feel they have to include some danger/stupidity and "drama" (as @GA Gyro says) to sell it to the masses.

My two cents........
-brino

Ref. holding in a press - Ellis makes this one. Handy, doesn't work for all circumstance but then that's when the t-slots are ready and able for other solutions.
IMG_20170401_220032.jpg

Back