Drill press table raiser

I finally finished building a table raiser for my 1952 Delta DP-220 drill press. Here are pictures of the design and the finished product.

Very nice job, I really like the design and how it looks like it should have been there all along:))

I have seen other designs that like the one I built, so I patterned it off of those, and thanks, I always try to make any attachments look like they were meant to be there.

Nice execution. That part looks like it came from the factory. How does the table fit into this system?

Randy

Nice execution. That part looks like it came from the factory. How does the table fit into this system?

Randy

The table sits on the top of the riser.

Nice job on the build! I like your thoughts on making attachments look factory. But when this machine eventually gets passed on someone will tell Tony at lathes.co.uk that this model came with some rare table lift! LOL

That is an outstanding job!!!! Did you weld steel plates together to fabricate the gear box and other parts? It really looks fantastic.

Thank you George, it was made from separate pieces and welded together. The housing for the bevel gears was rectangular tubing and the rest just standard stock. I meant to take pictures before welding it together, but never did.

This is added to my TODO list for my next autumn!
My DP is short, 180 mm max between the chuck and the table at its lower point, so I guess I'll have to reverse the design upside down.
I just have some old car jack screws I was thinking to sell on eBay… maybe I don't sell them, after all.

That is fantastic. I might have to devise a way to adapt that to my little DP... really good design, and great work too. It looks factory. American factory, at that.

Back