Emco maximat v13 manual

Yes after I get cleaned up, painted, and leveled I'm going to start looking for some things. Think I have a 4 jaw and another tool post on the line. Most likely have a power hacksaw before the end of next week.

Luckily I have the whole gear set. It came with an emco qctool post . Actually two. I've made my own blocks. It has the original emco 3 and 4 jaw but I dont use the 3 jaw. The reason is that it doesnt have a backplate and the taper lock pins are mounted in the chuck so it is very narrow..
Ive taken a taiwanese chuck and made my own backplate that is about 100mm thick. This is to push the chuck over the ways.
Ive had to do this because most of my work is within 50mm of the chuck and the carriage would hang about 50mm over the gap. This causes rigidity problems .The other big problem is that when the carriage hangs over the gap,dirt continuously gets dragged onto the ways.I could adjust the topslide to be turned towards the headstock to prevent the carriage hanging in the gap. The problem with this is rigidity issues as well the the cringe factor and fear of a tool ,for example when parting to snap off the topslide if things went wrong.

And has been mentioned emco is pricey and here in darkest Africa you are not going to find a second hand part. Otherwise I love my lathe.

I find it interesting that you have a gap bed V13. I've never heard of one before. If I owned that thing, I would snap up the first non-gap bed I found.

I'm afraid ebay is your best bet for any needed parts unless you get lucky with a local seller. These things don't usually break down and they are not often sold so it can be a wait between offerings. They do come up once in a while, though, so good luck.

Emco are scarce in S Africa. I have a fully equipped emco compact eight but I havent switched in on in anger ever since I got the v13.I could probably make most thingsw that go wrong on an emco but as has been mentioned if a spindle goes its going to be a massive problem.We dont have e bay in S Africa.

Anyone by chance have the milling attachment manual for the V13?

Might check with the Emco Larger Lathes group. Used to be on Yahoo, now on groups.io.

Back