Enco 110-1340 Lathe Contactor wiring

cboyce

Registered
Registered
I can not find anyone who has this machine, I bought it used and the control box was broke off it, can anyone help with the switches(contactors) 1-3-5-31, 2-4-6-32 and where they go? I called Enco, they can't help, they referred me to a local service shop, they can't help. There are a FW and a REV contactor and a smaller third contactor, a transformer and 2 line bars, they are all labled but I can't fiqure out where all the wires connect to TY if any one has help for me. Chris

hello
the 12x36 and the 13x40 are pretty much the same machine and have the same users manuals
here it the link to the grizzly model it may help you click on the pdf manual and the wiring is on page 35
steve

Grizzly, Jet, Busy Bee, etc. They are all the same under the hood as Steve stated.

If you want to simplify, move up to a VFD and motor, that is where many of us who are, are going to be, or wish we were users of a VFD.
Pierre

Maybe these might help. The pdf is from Enco and the other is from my Jet.

wiring-diagram.jpg

Attachments

• Lathe Wiring.pdf
    70.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
It may be basically the same as the 110-1351 also. Worth a look.

on the one I sent there are 4 relays frank the one you may be talking about is for master power and is controled by the lever on the apron to start/stop the motor for forward or reverse and a jog button
steve

Last edited:
on the one I sent there are 3 relays frank the one you may be talking about is for master power and is controled by the lever on the apron to start/stop the motor for forward or reverse
steve
my link to the grizzly lathe is gone?

Attachments

• g4003_m.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 63
sorry frank i screwed that all up lol
my pdf wasnt even there
ok its there now but has nothing to do with your guestion
I need a nap:whiteflag:
steve

Hi Steve: :lmao: No problem, I was looking at the wiring diagram you sent and yes it does have 4 relays/contactors.
I was talking about the one pdentrem sent. Seems to be something missing. It's quite confusing. The one you sent is easy thought I'd rather have a schematic not a wiring diagram.
Frank

Which one are you referring to? The PDF from the Enco or the photo out of the Jet manual? I also have the other page for the Jet with E stop switch, I should of included that one as well.
Pierre

The power switch just supplies power to the rest of the box. The forward and reverse is controlled via the apron lever. The lever has a junky 2way switch. From here it sends power back to the box where either one or the other mag switch then supplies main power to the motor.

On the Jet picture the following are

QS1 - Main switch
TC - transformer with variable inputs and outputs 110, 220, 240 volts inputs etc
SA1 - the switch on the apron for forward/reverse
KM1 and KM2 - mag contactors
KA1 - another mag contact switch that is ALWAYS on if the main switch is on

Hope this helps a bit.
Pierre

Back