Erl-1340

pstemari

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Plunked down my deposit and placed the order for the PM High Precision Lathe with taper attachment a couple weeks ago. Sold my Craftsman/Atlas 12" to make room for it.

ERL-1340.JPG

The electrician is coming out next month to install the electric. In the meantime I'm moving stuff around to make room and preparing that corner of the garage.

Really looking forward to having a nice, new solid lathe that doesn't chatter at the drop of a hair.

I am suffering from chip withdrawal, though. Need to make some stuff on the Taig to tide me over. Going to finish my grinder rest and try making a 1/2" turner's cube.

Wow...now that's a lathe! Just a 'bit' larger than my little PM1340GT (lathe envy?).

My 1340 doesn't chatter at the drop of a hair, but I suspect yours might not even notice someone dropping a Volkswagen bug nearby... :D

Of course we need pics when you get it, and welcome to the PM club!

EDIT: I sure wish Matt would get his new website done so we can feast on all this eye candy! And it might just help with my next mill purchase. Matt, you listening? ;)

Dimension-wise it's about the same size as the 1340GT. The bed is wider and its about twice as heavy, though.

I was mulling over the two for about two weeks before making up my mind. The closed gear box and the weight are what pushed me to this. Going from a Taig and an Atlas to this is going to be quite the change.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Wow, pretty impressive specs on that puppy!

Beautiful machine, I had been looking at the ERl and RML for some time. Had I known Matt carried these, I might have sprung for one over my PM1340GT, but it does everything I need it to do. One sweet bad ass machine.

Congratulations!
All I can say is.....
upload_2015-10-20_23-2-57.png

-brino

Back