• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Fixing Lathe To A Concrete Floor.

Fortis64

Happy New Year .....
Was curious to how you guys fix your lathe to a concrete floor a job I'm soon to be doing . I've made adjustable feet for mounting the lathe onto my cast iron pedestals ,killing two birds with one stone because the lathe is a tad low .

Sean

4gsr

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium
What kind of lathe do you have? Post some pictures of your lathe to give us an idea if it needs to be bolted to the floor.

Fortis64

The lathe I have is a Fortis E/801/B Clausing derived I'm led to believe . Not sure how to get some photos up ..It's the one in my avatar.The pedestals either end weigh probably 2-300lbs between them .They're made from 3/4" cast iron .The pedestals at the headstock end have two mounting points and the tailstock has just the one right a the end on R/H side . The actual lathe has 5 mounting points ,two on the H/S end and 3 on the T/S end . I made adjustable feet for mounting the lathe to the pedestals ,I'm not going to use all 5 ,just the 2 on the H/S end and 1 on the T/S end .

http://s1259.photobucket.com/user/Fortis64/media/Mobile Uploads/20161106_111752_800x450_zpsjks1eicg.jpg.html?o=1

Sean

What kind of lathe do you have? Post some pictures of your lathe to give us an idea if it needs to be bolted to the floor.

Last edited:

bfd

H-M Supporter - Premium Content
H-M Supporter-Premium
I used lathe mounting feet from enco now msc worked well and adjustable purchase based on your machine weight I went larger due to mounting bolt size bill