• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

For those who have never seen a box tool being used.

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
very cool! thanks for sharing.
nice lathe and box tool.

p.s.
my folks live up near you- by Lyons Dam

eeler1

Dang, buggered that up too!!
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Thats pretty cool Jim. I've also got an 11" logan and the turret and production cross slide, but haven't used them yet.

Investigator

Very interesting, thanks for posting. I have a 12" Logan with turret and a few of those tools. Wasn't sure how they work, still not sure what I'm going to do with them lol.

Jimsehr

Active User
Investigator
I would hang on to the tools for turret. You cann’t Get much for them and some day you might need them. If you send me a pic of them I will try to tell you how to use them. Also I am going to make a set up on my Logan just to show how to time tools on the rear of a production cross slide. So if you change your production slide
Keep the old one. It only take a short time to change from production slide to standard slide.

Investigator

Investigator
I would hang on to the tools for turret. You cann’t Get much for them and some day you might need them. If you send me a pic of them I will try to tell you how to use them. Also I am going to make a set up on my Logan just to show how to time tools on the rear of a production cross slide. So if you change your production slide
Keep the old one. It only take a short time to change from production slide to standard slide.
Oh I realize I don't know enough to make a decision to get rid of them. I do wish I had a standard tail stock though.

Jimsehr

Active User
If I remember right you got the machine at such a good price you will find a tail stock and still have a great deal altogether.

Container Above bottom breadcrumb