G0709 And G0730 Ordered And Expecting Delivery Friday

Well the truck arrived and my god the boxes were huge!truck.jpg

Sitting in the garage waiting to be opened, but have to wait because the wife's car needs to be picked up.
boxes.jpg

Finally got the lathe unboxed, that was a chore as Grizzly packaged it very securely.
lathe1.jpg
The leveling feet are installed and the lathe is in it's final resting place. Need to wire it up, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.
lathe2.jpg

The mill is unboxed, but still resting on the pallet. Need help setting it in place so I will have to wait until tomorrow.
mill1.jpg

It's been a stressful couple of days but having these machines in the shop I am relieved and excited, not to mention tired from the un-crating.

Sitting in the garage waiting to be opened, but have to wait because the wife's car needs to be picked up.

Are you daring us to mock you? ;) Congrats on your new machines, say what's the weight limit on those jacks you used to move the lathe?

Where did you find those jacks, I've never seen those before. Looks like a handy tool.

Clever lathe moving solution, Spring. Are those organ/piano dollies?

Where did you find those jacks, I've never seen those before. Looks like a handy tool.
They are called manual furniture movers, I rented them from the local tool rental store. I googled them and saw you can get them at Northern Tool. They made set-up easy. Just got the mill set in place, pics later tonight after I clean up the pallets.

Well it midnight on Sunday morning and I have finally got to a point where I am calling it quits for the night. I have got the mill in it's resting place and started the cleaning. I assembled the bandsaw and sand blasting cabinet and cleaned the shop. It's not as tight as i thought but it's getting there. Here are a few pics to show the progress. Tomorrow I plan to start the break-in process for the mill and lathe.

shop2.jpg

shop3.jpg

shop4.jpg

Looking good!! That's one giant air compressor for a shop that size.

Looking good!! That's one giant air compressor for a shop that size.
I am planning for the future and only plan to buy machinery once, hopefully to last me until I dead and gone. I figured it best to purchase the bigest I can afford that will meet my needs and then in a few years when I build a stand alone shop I won't have to upgrade to a larger item. That's the reason I went with the G0709 at 14x40 was more than I need but with the cost difference and the options I felt it was a better choice than 4003g, it was a tough decision but I only wanted to purchase once.

Back