G0768 Compound Modification

Great solution to a real annoying problem! I find it hard to believe that their engineers thought that was a good solution. I will eventually make this fix, but right now I am busy installing 6" Igauging DRO on the cross slide and variable speed lead screw drive. I'll stick up a report when I'm done in a few days.

I took note also of your Oak ways stop. Pretty ingenious! Did you model it after another? I saw one I liked on little machine shop.com, but didn't want to spend $75 for a pair I need to make a couple of those that will become adjustable carriage stop emergency switches.

I'm new here and this is my first post, does anyone know if there is a G0768 section of the forum?

Pretty much all Grizzly is in the one area, but sometimes topics go off on tangents and start off or cross over from/into other categories
Sometimes a fix for a specific brand will begin in "Questions and answers" for example
A question about a machine's electrics could be started in the "Electrical issues" section or the specific brand of machine- either way it will get a response
Mark

Last edited:
Have u by any chance replaced the bearings on the lead screw by any chance if so what did u go with?

Back