Gerstner Score

hman

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Checking one of the local pawn shops today, I ran across a very nice looking wood tool box, with some tools inside. It was marked $359.95 and my offer of $300 was accepted. I’d expected to pay the 8-9% local sales tax, but - lo and behold - the manager fiddled with the price, so that it came out $300 including tax!

It’s a Gerstner ... with zippered cover and original owner’s nameplate [which I assume is authentic]. The curled-up felt inside the door is about the only flaw.
kHPIM3612.jpg
kHPIM3611.jpg kHPIM3614.jpg
Contents include Mitutoyo and B&S micrometers, Starrett depth mike set, Interapid and B&S test indicators, and B&S dial and HF digital calipers.
kHPIM3608.jpg
There was also an Indicol, some reamers, carbide end mills, taps, etc. The item on the far left is interesting. It looks like some kind of 3-flute taper reamer - goes from ~.140 to ~.180 over its 2” cutting length. Any ideas???kHPIM3609.jpg

It looks like some kind of 3-flute taper reamer - goes from ~.140 to ~.180 over its 2” cutting length

Its a taper reamer, at a guess maybe a No. 4? You can buy taper pins, they are soft steel, can be made really tight in the tapered hole.

The whole thing was a great buy.

Its a taper reamer, at a guess maybe a No. 4? You can buy taper pins, they are soft steel, can be made really tight in the tapered hole.
Thanks! Did a bit of searching, and that's what it is ... though a #1, not #4.
The whole thing was a great buy.
Thanks again. I really didn't expect to find such a bargain in a pawn shop!

Great Find !!
You definitely made out on that deal.

Mitutoyo and B&S micrometers, Starrett depth mike set, Interapid and B&S test indicators, and B&S dial and HF digital calipers.

Back