Good video on PPE

Terrywerm

Registered
Registered
Stumbled on this video on YouTube, and thought it was worth sharing here. It covers hardhats, eyewear, and steel toed shoes. The hardhats do not generally apply to our shops, but everything shown in this five minute video is worth a look. And it's NOT one of those boring safety videos either! I was especially impressed with the part on safety glasses. If you have friends or family members that work in your shop, please be sure to share it with them, too!

[video=youtube;KgkvxUtczLA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgkvxUtczLA[/video]

Really gets the point across. The safety glasses portion was a real "eye opener"(pun intended). Thanks for posting this, doesn't take much imagination to substitute real body parts instead of stage props.

Brian

Couldn't get the video up but support Terry's viewpoint wholeheartedly. Safety glasses in a machine shop are a must. In a one person shop wearing them at all times may not be necessary but certainly when chips are being made. The company that I retired from had a standing rule that the crew leader had to write a letter of explanation to the corporate CEO if there was an eye injury in their workplace. Needless to say there were damn few if any eye injuries but in the cement plant we did have occasional dust in the eye incidents.

I worked in big shops with a overhead cranes, safety headgear would have been useful. The first shop I worked in didn't require safety glasses. I was used to wearing them since they were required in high school.

Back in high school we watched safety films that were made in the 50's. One series was on eye safety, it opens with film in the operating room shaving an eyeball to get to a foreign body. A buddy, two seats up, hit the floor and was down for the count. I don't remember the percentage, but the majority of eye accidents was caused by something hitting the side of the eye and not what the injured party was working on. Always have side shields on the safety glasses.

We thought those old movies were corny, I wonder if they have been transferred to video?

I originally posted this back when H-M was running on V-Bulletin, and the video was imbedded in the thread. Moving to the new format broke the link, so here it is embedded once again:

Stumbled on this video on YouTube, and thought it was worth sharing here. It covers hardhats, eyewear, and steel toed shoes. The hardhats do not generally apply to our shops, but everything shown in this five minute video is worth a look. And it's NOT one of those boring safety videos either! I was especially impressed with the part on safety glasses. If you have friends or family members that work in your shop, please be sure to share it with them, too!

[video=youtube;KgkvxUtczLA]

Terry, you keep this up and the Paramedic business is gonna get real slow!

Daryl
MN

Back