Goofs & Blunders You Should Avoid.

Back when I was in about the 2nd grade,I walked daily past a pasture of cows inside an electric fence. I must have leaned on that fence about 3 times,and got a BIGGGG jolt before I remembered to not lean on it while looking at the cows!!!

There was a bull in a pen across the road from the cows. He was very friendly to me(At least it seemed to be so while I was pulling up grass and feeding it to him. I never got INTO his pen!!!) One day the men were running about pretty alarmed because that VICIOUS BULL had gotten loose!!:)

Did someone delete MY goof?

My Hardinge HLVH starts up at 3000 RPM in a half second or so. Forward and reverse are buttons down on the cabinet. For some reason I had reversed the lathe. I started the lathe up without looking at it starting,and using a collet to hold the brass rod I was working on. For some reason my tool would not cut. Then,I found out I had left the lathe in reverse!! Give me a chance to learn. I have only been using that lathe since the late 80's!!
I've done the same thing so many times. A few times I ended up regrinding the tool and checking center before I figured it out.

Back