Grinder Tool Rest

chip maker

Registered
Registered
Just thought that I would like share my newest project. I kind of copied this from others but it has my own twist. It is all aluminum and I started to get some of it polished. I included the two guide slots for future use. I did make one fixture. already and it is to grind brazed carbide cutters. I have a set of these cutters so this will help to resharpen them. The slide has the two different angles for the left or right cutters and I also made it with a clearance angle built in to give a little clearance. I still have a few other ideas for other sharping fixtures but will build them as I need them. Thanks for looking and feel free to copy if wanted.IMG_0001 Standard e-mail view.jpg IMG_0001 Standard e-mail view.jpg IMG_0001 Standard e-mail view.jpg IMG_0002 Standard e-mail view.jpg IMG_0003 Standard e-mail view.jpg IMG_0004 Standard e-mail view.jpg IMG_0005 Standard e-mail view.jpg

Nice rest. Very nice slide!

Very nice workmanship and an attractive design.
I would worry about one thing. The aluminum table might get grit embeded and cause binding.

Looks very nice. But my inner coward screems "if bottom locking let's go the table will bind with wheel and ruin your day". Maybe im over cautious (I'm certainly not qualified). Is there a way to move botoom support under the wheel so if table drops grinding forces will push table away from stone?

Wysłane z mojego GT-N7100 przy użyciu Tapatalka

I especially like the slide!
Hmmm. I wonder if I can adapt to what I've already got without a complete rebuild....

Daryl
MN

Real nice job on it and the slide ,
Ied be concerned about all the wood in the grinding area , wood can smolder for a while and then start on fire :( looks like lots of places sparks can hide in the wood there
Don't ask me how I know this.

Thanks for all the positive feed back. I had thought about using those locking handles but I had the knobs on hand so figure I'd give them a try if they don't work out I guess I'll have to spend the $5.50 each to upgrade. As for all the wood paneling and the bench this grinder has been in use for quit a while and never had an issue. ( YET ) I also have another grinder in another area of my shop and use that one for all the heavy grinding. Most of the rests I seen all mount the same way to the bench in front of the wheel. I can see it may be a problem if it were to loosen up never thought of that maybe could use nuts instead of any type of handles.

YET, could happen hours after your outa the shop, just saying, I've seen the aftermath ,would hate to here something bad happen to another HM member

Back