Gulledge dividing head dh454 ,need manual or parts breakdown

Silverbullet

Registered
Registered
Hi I picked up a used dividing head , it's kind of crusty not rusted but thirty years of sitting in a working shop. I'd like to take it apart clean repaint and oil or grease and make it look good instead of chips and oil build up.
Anyone have a breakdown or diagram?
I don't foresee any problem but I guess ill find out when I'm able to get back in the shop. I also need a small tailstock for it.
The one I saw on eBay was expensive , it's just the right size for me and my mills . Ill look for some small plates to fit it too. Came with one .

I have a Gulledge dividing head. It sat in a shop for years and then a basement for 20 years. I dismantled it and cleaned it up. Looks like new. It is perfect for the Burke mill. Good luck finding a manual. I never could. I got one plate with mine but there are holes on both sides (they go about halfway through. You turn it over) the one plate covers most all the hole patterns I will ever use but can always make more.

I posted a thread about reconditioning it on here somewhere.

I have a Gulledge dividing head. It sat in a shop for years and then a basement for 20 years. I dismantled it and cleaned it up. Looks like new. It is perfect for the Burke mill. Good luck finding a manual. I never could. I got one plate with mine but there are holes on both sides (they go about halfway through. You turn it over) the one plate covers most all the hole patterns I will ever use but can always make more.

I posted a thread about reconditioning it on here somewhere.
Thanks Mark , ill try to find it , I haven't even had out of the box. I did know some heads used both sides of the plates but didn't know this on does. I plan on milling up some gears for my big drill press , the head and table have crank lifts. Both boxes were missing but I found some on eBay at different times. Both have busted teeth ill braze them and recut but still make a couple new ones . They moved my Dr appointment so I'm down another month .Frustrating at least.

Back