Has anyone bought from Grand Tool Supply on ebay?

E

ecdez

Forum Guest
Register Today
Just like the title asks; has anyone bought from Grand Tool Supply on ebay? If so, is there quality to their stuff or is it junk?

This is the particular item in question.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-x-1-x-1-1...327033?hash=item51dab021b9:g:7V8AAOSwo0JWLkBL

Their feedback is 99.9% but I couldn't find any feedback on the quality of their milling cutters.

As a side note, if anyone here has a new or slightly used one I'd be interested in buying it. The diameter doesn't matter but it has to be 1" wide with 1 1/4" arbor hole and 90º of course.

I ordered a part (Woodruff Cutter) from them last week, It came, but not the size I wanted. (I wanted 1/2" diameter, it came 3/8) They volunteered to replace it (keep the one you have) then told me the one sent was what I had ordered. I'm still waiting for a resolution. No input Re: Quality. the cutter I received "looks" OK.

May want to contact Grand tool direct and see if they will sell the cutter to you for a lessor price. Don't tell them you saw it on evil bay. I've bought a thing or two from them over the years thru evilbay. Rather deal with them than MSC.

May want to contact Grand tool direct and see if they will sell the cutter to you for a lessor price.
That is a good strategy. I have been doing that with eBay sellers who also have a retail store. They can sell to you directly and with a little negotiating you save the considerable tithe to eBay, and they cut you a lower price for the direct sale. eBay becomes your catalog. And no, I do not find that unethical. I prefer to deal with whoever puts the item in the box to ship it, and do not want to feed a bunch of middlemen.

I have bought from them and had great results with one item, and so, so with the other. I talked to them sent them back the one I had problems with and they sent me a much nicer quality unit from Germany vs crappy from China.
Good to deal with, they have their own website (under a different name) They are 3 different names.
I would not hesitate to do business with them again. Easy to talk to , easy to resolve with.

Grand Supply, Bolton Tools, and others have better prices if you contact them direct.

Back