Help With Import Dro

minions

Registered
Registered
Hi all,
I installed this import DRO on my lathe several months ago and it's been working great but I wish the cross slide scale would read out in diameter rather than radius of the work piece being turned.

Anyone familiar with this type of DRO? is it possible to change the settings to output in twice the actual distance travelled to display diameter?

It did come with a manual but impossible to decipher the translation. I almost wish it would have come a manual written in chinese/mandarin then there would be a chance i can find someone to translate.

Best,
Daniel
7bbb607c07e1d73ef5e41c3e891f8084.jpg

Your photo did not come through, so I have no idea what DRO you have. If it was one of the less expensive imports like I have, I doubt that it will have an option to change it from reading the radius to reading diameter.

Assuming this is a Sino generic DRO, there are several ways to show diameter. There are also generic and machine specific displays. You could change the scale resolution, so a if a 1 micron scale, set the resolution to 2 micron. This would double the display value for that axis. There is a way to switch R to D as described below only for the X axis, but I am not sure if it is retained in memory after power off.
R-D Sino DRO.jpg

X is the only axis where radius/diameter really comes into play on a lathe as typically used. I suppose that function could be used on Y axis tooling like a milling attachment to turn metal from a vertical position, but I have no idea in what situation that would be more useful than normal turning using the X axis.

Assuming this is a Sino generic DRO, there are several ways to show diameter. There are also generic and machine specific displays. You could change the scale resolution, so a if a 1 micron scale, set the resolution to 2 micron. This would double the display value for that axis. There is a way to switch R to D as described below only for the X axis, but I am not sure if it is retained in memory after power off.
View attachment 140730

I changed the scale resolution and it worked. You just changed my life, thank you!

Back