Help with internal counterbore Fusion360

Ischgl99

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I am drawing a model and need to make a counterbore on an inner diameter of a cylindrical section, and can't figure out how to do it in Fusion360. The attached drawing shows a through hole that needs to be counterbored on the inside to hold a wear bushing. If I use the inner surface as a reference when making the hole, the hole starts at the apex of the diameter, so the hole does not go completely through. I needed to use the outer diameter as the reference to make the hole go through, but then the counterbore will be on the wrong side. I tried creating an offset plane to start the hole closer to the center, but it won't let me do that.

Short of making the ID smaller and then extruding a cut back to size, is there a way I am missing to do an internal counterbore?Westfalia CA755 1_10th Scale v1.png

Instead of using the hole function, either (1) draw a sketch and extrude or (2) draw a sketch and revolve. You’d need to make appropriate sketch planes first. And remember you can extrude both directions if needed.

I am drawing a model and need to make a counterbore on an inner diameter of a cylindrical section, and can't figure out how to do it in Fusion360. The attached drawing shows a through hole that needs to be counterbored on the inside to hold a wear bushing. If I use the inner surface as a reference when making the hole, the hole starts at the apex of the diameter, so the hole does not go completely through. I needed to use the outer diameter as the reference to make the hole go through, but then the counterbore will be on the wrong side. I tried creating an offset plane to start the hole closer to the center, but it won't let me do that.

Short of making the ID smaller and then extruding a cut back to size, is there a way I am missing to do an internal counterbore?View attachment 362389
Are you saying that you need an internal counter-bore on that hole extending radially from the larger bore?

Are you saying that you need an internal counter-bore on that hole extending radially from the larger bore?
yes, this is what I was looking to do.
Westfalia CA755  Nozzle Section.png

Instead of using the hole function, either (1) draw a sketch and extrude or (2) draw a sketch and revolve. You’d need to make appropriate sketch planes first. And remember you can extrude both directions if needed.
Thanks, that worked!

Back