Hf 8 X 12 Lathe Owners

Ray73

Registered
Registered
I just ordered my Harbor Freight 8 x 12 (14) lathe recently and was wondering how long did it take you other owners to receive your lathe from the date you ordered and did they contact you by email or phone to tell you when it would be delivered. It has been a couple weeks for me and I haven't heard anything at all. I'm trying NOT to take my vacation around delivery time.

Thanks,
Ray

I recently got a mini mill from HF and it was delivered in about a week. They emailed me the FedEx tracking number.

I asked the local HF and they said 2-3 weeks. That is why I purchased the 7x10.

I recently got a mini mill from HF and it was delivered in about a week. They emailed me the FedEx tracking number.
Thanks for the reply. The mill got there pretty quick I see. The 8 x 12 lathe is shipped by "truck" instead of Fedex so I'm sure it will be a little longer. I plan on getting the moni mill too later. I'm hoping a couple of members with that same lathe will chime in so I can get some idea of what to expect. Thanks again for the reply..

I asked the local HF and they said 2-3 weeks. That is why I purchased the 7x10.
Thanks for the reply. I almost bought the 7 x 10 as well for that same reason. I had to get the 8 x 12 shipped to a business with a loading dock so I hope they let me know when to expect it so I can co-ordinate the delivery.

I got mine in 6 days but I ordered & picked it up from the main warehouse in Camarillo. However that was back in 2008 when they used to go on sale for $449 and I got 20% off that.

I got mine in 6 days but I ordered & picked it up from the main warehouse in Camarillo. However that was back in 2008 when they used to go on sale for $449 and I got 20% off that.
That was convenient. I wasn't sure if they were shipped straight from China or if they stocked them in their warehouses. Thanks for the reply.

Back