Hitbthe mother load boys!!!!!

killswitch505

Registered
Registered
A local hobby gunsmith passed away He was a veterinarian he graduated from Dartmouth!!! I was not prepared to see what I seen today. He was never marred no kids he had 110 firearms mainly high quality pistols!!!! Tool box upon tool box of just name brand tooling bison chucks back plates bison 5c collet chuck..... accu-finish tool grinder 3 or 4 progressive presses all set up for certain calibers all RCBS a couple shotgun presses!!!!! Dovetail cutters prolly 15-20, anything and everything for 1911s. He had 3 40 gun gun safes with just tooling!!!!! I took some pictures of some equipment kinda felt weird to take pictures of the of the stuff in the safes. They want to sell everything to one person he’s not wanting to piece it out...... I would have to say counting equipment it’s gotta be nearly 100k (not counting the firearms) just the damn tool grinder for his HSS tooling is 4K. new he had to have 100+ reamers 100+ dies ranging from common to extremely wildcat his kitchen was dedicated just to casting bullets!!!!! I’ve a room dedicated to reloading his whole house was!!!! Again I’ve never seen anything like this in my life!!!! I’ll get better pictures later this week. Everything was labeled with notes everything in its original boxes I would say 75% of the cutters reams were never used and still had the dipped wax on them 20CB195B-A00E-4709-A309-521ABAC92764.jpegA256D80C-250F-457D-88EB-B05295BBA187.jpeg99483C88-BA92-490A-94B7-9D847006D8AF.jpeg9E59F910-5D55-42ED-945E-0660D5AA064D.jpeg0A1149E7-24FC-41C8-938E-B85314C808C9.jpeg51DB091D-268D-45BA-AAAD-8B918BB03769.jpeg

If you got that stuff you are the luckiest guy on the planet... good for you man..!

Mr Mike, not sure if I can get it I’m not even sure what to offer I believe I might pick up the lathe and tooling for my dad. I’ve got maybe 15k I could do without getting into savings..... I’m not sure if 15k will do it. But.... I don’t think it would bring that at auction in this area. I will know more in the coming weeks...... its basically a life time collection of tooling from a guy that money was no object. It’s pretty much a pistolsmiths wet dream.....

Woodchucker, I’m the electrical superintendent for a small drilling company that’s been family owed for 80 years. The owner (chris) of my company’s wife’s fathers (William) best friend William is the executor of the mans estate. So the owner told him about me being a hobby gunsmith. William asked Chris if I would come look at his equipment. I was not prepared for something like this I literally got goosebumps.

Dabbler, yeah man....... I literally walked around mumbling “Jesus” what was truly astounding was his meticulous record keeping I’ve never seen anything like it. Every firearm he ever owned or had worked on had an index card (8”x6”) with notes how much he paid, serial number, model, description, work done most accurate load, and blueprint. There were hundreds of cards. He never charged anyone for his work and only offered his services to his close friends.

I just don’t see how they could get close to what this is worth at auction I told William the only way that could happen is if someone came in and catalogued everything and listed it on eBay and that could take a year or two selling it that way. Mind you William is a retired doctor and has a lot of hobbies doesn’t want to do the leg work. the man who passed has two brothers they want nothing to do with it they just want it gone but from my understanding would like to get much as possible for it...... I’m not sure how they could do the ebay thing without someone robbing them blind. I’m pretty sure the owner of my company would back me in buying it all but I’ve a hard enough time finding time to just working on my own stuff I’ve been building a stock for my F-class rifle for months only finding a couple hours here and a couple hours there. It seemed to be mainly geared for 1911s and revolvers the only rifle reamers I could I found were 22-250 .223 30/30 .308 but there were 3 40 gun gun safes packed full not stuffed or crammed but extremely neat and organized but they were packed in like LEGOs I wish I could have gotten pictures of the safes I should have I’m sure he wouldn’t have minded. I just felt a little awkward doing so.

Once in a lifetime find. Kinda like finding the "lost Dutchman's gold" or other famous treasure story. I hope it works out for you brother.
Not to get political, but the media would label him a "radical" (idiots).
I bet he was a cool guy to know, may he RIP.

Yay!! They finally added our locations in our avatar block.

Keep us updated on your find killswitch505.
BTW, some would have the same opinion about me, but for the record, I lost all my weapons in a freak boating accident in Tucson AZ:cautious:.

Back