Horiz/Vert combination mill for home shop

Burke Powermatic did make a nice H/V. It's a beefier machine than the standard Millrite, but it's still more compact than a BP.

5Z25K65Fa3G83F23Hec22d4959ff2b1b11784.jpg

If you want something smaller, Rockwell made a H/V also.
This is a sad example
RockwellHV.jpg

5Z25K65Fa3G83F23Hec22d4959ff2b1b11784.jpg

RockwellHV.jpg

I had a Rockwell with both the horizontal and vertical features for a while. Real nice little mills. They take standard tooling, NMTB40 on the horizontal and R8 on the vertical I believe. It's plenty rigid all things considered, and not hard to break down and move in and around a small shop. I've got a Bridgeport now, night and day, but for the size the Rockwell was a great machine.

The only drawback to the horizontal mill is the price of the cutting tools. It is expensive to tool up, so I'm doing it a little at a time.

Pat

I've been getting NOS from a guy on ebay, He is in Canada but a Pretty fast shipper. I've noticed if I put something om me watch list that he'll put it on sale 4.50 to 5.00 off then I buy it. Most times if-n he has 2 of said item I buy both.

I just got 2 7" stright and side cutting horizontal cutters, And I think 100 with shipping was a good price.

heres one of his listings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HANITA-STAG...128?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item51a077a350

Paul

Back