How About A Round Of "atta Boy" For Matt?

tmarks11

Active User
Registered
Seems like he is having a rough weekend.

Looking at all the recent posts from new owners, it seems like he has been working overtime to get machines out the door.

Lets hear it...

I'll do better than than. When I got my new PM25 mill, about three weeks ago. I noticed that I had two forward speeds and no reverse. I emailed Matt, he said he'd look into it. I got two or three emails that he hadn't forgotten about me, then at the first of this week, he wrote saying he was sending me a new card. I got it Thursday and put it in. Hooray, I had forward and reverse, but....speed was odd, low started about 400 and went to 2100, high peaked at 3400. I wrote, he immediately replied that there were pots inside the card (it really was a heavy duty heat sink with a large number of electronic components on it) that would adjust the speed. I couldn't ID the pots he spoke of so I sent a picture, he told me were to look and sure enough, there they were. I played with it for a while, and got low down to 36 rpm. At that speed, the motor is stepping, moving a jerk at a time. by 90 rpm it smooths out, but nowhere can I stop it by holding a chuck mounted in the spindle. Before, a slitting saw at 200 stalled when it touched the work.

Kudos to Matt, personal service is not unusual with Quality Machine Tools.

Matt I know you were very stressed with all the different lathes that just came in and then a month from now more coming in .I look forward to getting my lathe in the beginning of August .I appreciate you getting back to me on all your emails in a very timely manner. I am impressed with your company thank you for the privilege of buying my lathe from you

1236 come to papa!!!

Haha Hey thanks guys, rough weekend with a few things, but does not matter at all, everyone else is great, no problems at all here.

Just catching up on some odds and ends here over the weekend, we will be shipping a lot of machines out again over the next few weeks.
I get so much more done on Sundays here when no one else is around. Come Monday morning, its a whole different story when everyone else comes back in to work.

And looking at some of the pictures that you guys post on here, it always amazes me looking at some of the work that you guys do and some of the shops you have. There is some real talent here, it is really nice to see. Back when I worked in machine shops and in comparing the work we did, these were places where some machinists have been doing it for 30 years, and they couldn't produce as good of work as some of you do.

If anybody needs anything, you know where to find me!

By the way, if anyone knows anybody in Pittsburgh who knows this kind of machinery, let me know. I am looking to hire someone to help out, and have been, but the people I find just do not seem to have a clue. I don't want someone who is the typical customer service person who answers the phone, give a scripted answer, but does not really know whats going on. I want someone good who understands this kind of thing and is good, and I am really picky about it. Many of you guys know the machinery pretty well, there has to be someone around here right?

Love my new PM25MV. QMT provides the best customer service I have come across. Love the machine too. Gotta go make chips and useful gadgets.

Matts the man! Thanks for the great service Matt.

Back when I worked in machine shops and in comparing the work we did, these were places where some machinists have been doing it for 30 years, and they couldn't produce as good of work as some of you do.

No offense to anyone here, but just because someone has been doing something for 30 years, it doesn't mean anything other than they have been doing something for 30 years. I had a firmware engineer get all up in my face one time (NOT one of mine) and loudly proclaim that he's been doing this for 20 years and that he's an expert. I calmly replied that no, based on the code examples you've shown me, the only thing you've been doing for 20 years is a half-arsed job. And no, I didn't hire him.

Oh, and Matt: In a few years could you please have a nice little 9x42 or slightly larger from Taiwan? :D

That is absolutely the truth about the 30 years, I guess when you do it for a hobby and its interesting to you, or if you are just doing it because you have to for a job, that makes a difference too.

And I have some good news for you, the 942/949 versions of those millse are something I have carried for a while now, but just not on the web site. I have more of them on the way, coming in 3-4 weeks!

Back