How Do You Store Your Open End Wrenches?

I made a couple of boards with Snap-on spanner organizers - just zig-zag strips of plastic with sticky tape on the back.
IMG_3169.JPG

IMG_3170.JPG

Labeled the board with the sizes so I can easily see what's missing

Last edited:
I also use the snap on plastic strips. I stuck them directly onto the foam drawer liner about 20 years ago which has worked great through the years but I am just now transferring the tools to a new box so have to get some new strips which unfortunately are out of stock right now. I like the boards pete did, I think I'll do that for the new box.

I like the boards pete did, I think I'll do that for the new box.
I actually did the boards to give some extra height - for the larger spanners they didn't sit nice in the organizers when they were just on the draw bottom. The ends of the spanners actually overhang the board so they are all resting on the shaft only.

Since I have a couple of rollaway tool cabinets & little wall space I keep my end wrenches in drawers like several others here. The drawers aren't so full that I have trouble locating the one I need quickly. Also, a magnetic tape demagnetizer does a good job of demaging tools although they're probably getting scarce as are magnetic tapes.

Last edited:
I have a mixture of old wrenches from multiple sets mostly SK. I used sheet rock screws for everything bigger than 1/2" and the big ones are one to a screw and as they get smallet I can hang two or three of the same size on each screw. For the smaller ones I used finish nails and go down to 3/16".

When I worked at the Deere. They had a blitz where they wanted all of your tools on a shadow board. This meant you only had to take a quick glance to see the tool you needed. Putting them back where they belong is the hardest part. It did work well.
Martin W

I have mine mounted on a piece of ash. I drilled some 1/8" holes on roughly a 15* angle upward. I then pounded framing nails into them and cut them off. I hang the wrenches by their closed end. I know you asked about open end, but I don't have any of those strictly speaking. IMG_4638.JPG

Otherwise, for my job, I have all my tools in my truck. I got tired of the crummy wrench rolls falling apart over time and eventually made a new one out of leather. It has held up for several years so far. IMG_4645.JPG IMG_4646.JPG IMG_4647.JPG

Back