How Do You Store Your Open End Wrenches?

I use some extra drawers in tool chest one for the little ones, one for the medium size ones, and one for the larger ones, not very pretty but it works for me.

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0648.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

big ones.JPG

mideum size.JPG

Putting things away correctly saves time in the long run. I sorted My fasteners by size during the
winter and it is amazing how much faster I find them now. Wish I did that 30 years ago.

Everything I could find available was set up for 1 set of wrenches, I don't have just 1 wrench of each size so this is a prototype I built out of wood, eventually going to make some out of plastic when I replace this junky old toolbox.
20170102_090932.jpg
It allows for 6-8 small wrenches and 3-4 larger wrenches stacked in the slot, takes care of the multiple wrench issue.

Everything I could find available was set up for 1 set of wrenches, I don't have just 1 wrench of each size so this is a prototype I built out of wood, eventually going to make some out of plastic when I replace this junky old toolbox.
20170102_090932.jpg
It allows for 6-8 small wrenches and 3-4 larger wrenches stacked in the slot, takes care of the multiple wrench issue.

My dad tried the nail in the wall thing and had trouble with them coming off when the wall was rattled by a bench also attached to the wall. Im with Randy and the tools in drawers methods. I used to be a chronic messy bench guy and still tend to do it when Im very busy. I find having a place for everything makes it easier to clean up and easy to see if ive left something somewhere. When working its really nice to know exactly where your tools are when you need them.

Oh no I've become and organizer!!!

i stuff mine in drawers, no holders, u get more in the drawer,these are hand wrenches not mics,i put SAE in one drawer , and metric in another, sockets are sorted the same too, a drawer for each,put allen wrenches in with sockets as i have room in drawer. i only use socket sticks(the steel piece with springs on it)in tool box in truck,every where else sockets are loose.i keep them separrated as to SAE or metric, and then as to drive size 1/4, 3/8 or 1/2 , easy and fast to find the size i need,more tool boxs, but lighter also.

I'm with the "toss them in a convenient container and keep them close at hand" crowd. The sizes I need at the loading bench are loose in a drawer in the bench. The sizes I need on the lathe are loose in a box next to the lathe on the lathe bench along with some pliers, screw drivers, protractor, etc. The sizes I need on the mill are loose in a rolling tool cabinet next to the mill. General use ones are in a plastic pouch in portable tool box.

Tom

I keep mine neatly arrange in a few drawers of a toolbox. NOT. They are just piled in. I do keep the Metric separate from the rest though, in different drawers, but honestly they are just piled in. I have a small box for the tiny ignition wrenches, but that's just so I don't have to dig through the piles of larger stuff. And the Torx (external and internal) live in the cases they came in, but in the appropriate drive size socket drawers.
And I do keep the wrenches (not just the open ends) all separate from socket stuff. And then all 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2" stuff has their own drawers. Drives have their own in the case of 3/8" stuff, with extensions and u-joints along with breakovers and ratchets. The 1/4" and 1/2" drive stuff lives with their sockets in their respective drawers.

I just toss mine in a drawer, and usually cuss myself every time I look for one :). Every now and then I separate the metric and sae, but they end up mixed before I know it.

Back